Wednesday, September 24, 2008

2008 A SPAZZ ODYSSEY: BOARDING PASSES, SECURITY CHECKPOINTS, AND RICE KRISPIES SQUARES: PART THREE OF THREE

September 25th

2:12 am Budapest Time, 8:12 pm (September 24th) Winnipeg Time
The Budapest airport is the happiest place on Earth. To me, right now, anyway. They serve big old beers, and there is completely free wireless internet, and since it’s night, it’s empty. It suffers from a lack of seating, but no matter--I’ve set up a staircase office:






It also suffers from a shortage of wall plugs, so when I need to charge the laptop, I squat on the floor next to a potted plant. I just pretend it’s some kind of Hungarian internet safari. Exotic.
Yeah, I’m punchy, obviously. I have had no prolonged of sleep so, while I feel pretty rested, I have absolutely no internal clock telling me what time it is, or what day it is. And I am sore from head to toe from carrying luggage around. I can’t wait to get to my apartment. I don’t care if my new roommate turns out to be a bitch. Or a fan of The Hills. Or a Rottweiler. I’m waiting for home, right now…

The Rice Krispies Squares total is at seven.

3:15 am Budapest Time
Heh:





Look carefully at the right. Then at the left. And this building is maybe the size of the Winnipeg airport. And that table is being used by employees. I think I love Budapest.
4:41 am Budapest Time, 9:41pm (Sept.24th) Winnipeg Time
Thank you, Steve. Thank you for buying me Californication. It IS a fantastic show, and it’s keeping me well-distracted. After so much travel, I’m pretty edgy.
And who is snoring?! Ugh-enough already, sleeping-by-the-bathroom-guy! Like it wasn’t pervy enough that you had to camp out by the ladies room, now you fall asleep and snore?! I should steal your luggage just to teach you a lesson about falling asleep in public. Except I’m too sore to lift it. Maybe I’ll just make you carry mine when you wake up, then. Ohmigod dude--shutup, shutup, for the love of God SHUTUP!
*sigh*
Hey, is it okay to have a drink at 5am, if your internal clock still thinks it’s 10pm?
5:41 am Budapest Time, 10:41 pm Winnipeg Time
It’s raining now. I have travelled halfway around the globe, to four different cities, and it’s been raining in every single one…
And for some reason, this means everybody is allowed to smoke inside now. It just seems to be a given in Budapest. Of course they also sold me my breakfast-hour beer, so these are a lax people I suppose…

6:08 am Budapest Time, 11:08 Winnipeg Time
Well, I’m going to finish “breakfast” and then it’s off to check in for my final flight.
The Rice Krispies Squares total will finish at 8 eaten, plus one given away. And I'm not even sick of them yet.
Next stop, Moscow...

No comments: