
As everyone tries to make the most of summer's end, they get themselves out of town. And as I try to make the most of my limited income, I sit in my apartment wishing I were with you guys.
Now, I know that a $7 bottle of wine and Mary Tyler Moore Show reruns probably sound glamourous to all of you, but I assure you, it really was not as much fun as tubing, or campfires, or New Orleans, or any of the things you guys were doing. No, no...it was pretty lonesome. And somewhere between my second glass of wine and the episode where Mary pretends to be a divorcee to get cheap airfare, I realised that--for at least one year--everyone I know will be out of town. I'll be where I live, and everyone will be somewhere else. Even plucky Mary Richards. A sobering thought*.
Now not a single "you're gonna make it afterall" comment. I expect better from all of you...
*As sobering as two glasses of wine will allow.
No comments:
Post a Comment