Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just Waiting for My Visa. And Yes, I'm Aware of the "War"...



Well, provided that my visa application is accepted. Hopefully, the Russian government is better at giving me a visa than those bastards at Visa are at giving me a credit card. (Just because I haven't declared the majority of my income for five years, doesn't mean you can judge my finances. I mean, how do you think I manage to pay all the rent that I demand deductions for, Visa? Ever think of that? No, no. Didn't think so. Point for me.)

Anyway, it was touch and go for awhile there, and I almost didn't go, for reasons that were just as impulsive as my initial decision to go. But I AM going now. If that whole Visa thing plays out. Yeah, small detail....


Also, many friends and family members have been kind enough to point out that Russia is, in fact, at war. The truth is that it's not so much a "war" as it is a "violent conflict with potentially war-like consequences." Again with the details, here. Anyway, if you think about it, isn't Russia always a little bit at war with somebody? Russia's kind of a jerk like that. It's part of her charm...

No comments: