The camera-less situation is making this feature more difficult. There are only so many screen caps of my face you guys can take before you just start feeling bad about yourselves, I know.
So this week, I'll tell you something tongue-in-cheek my student Anna just told me in a class about film censorship in Russia:
So this week, I'll tell you something tongue-in-cheek my student Anna just told me in a class about film censorship in Russia:
"Of course the Soviets, they banned a lot of Western films.
Everyone thought it was because they were critical, of the government, of
Communism, and such. I don't know about that. But most of thosebanned movies were bad. Just bad movies. So maybe the government did us a favour. We didn't waste our time."Heh. First time I ever heard of media censorship in the name of artistic integrity. Anna is, for the record, hilarious.
Happy Friday, guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment