Larissa has asked me, Portage, to post some thoughts on my trip. I have never blogged before and am not a writer so please do not expect the wit and style of Larissa.
Here are some random thoughts and observations that from Russia. Yesterday I went for a toliet paper run and to get some groceries. The little super market I went to had a full aisle devoted to beer, every type of beer you could possibly imagine but no toliet paper. How am I to consume all these beer without toliet paper? Larissa's answer to this question: bushes.
Also no one lines up properly for things here; there are no clearly defined rows and it totally drives me crazy. Rather people converge from the sides and try to get ahead of you. Throwing elbows is essential to keeping your spot. At Tsarkoe Selo this middle aged women literally pushed Larissa out of line and tried to elbow me out, so she was not lieing when she said babushaka's can be deceptive.
Vice is very cheap here. Alcohol and smokes are ridiculous cheap. You can get a bottle of champagne in a restaurant for about $9. We saw a man walking around with a sandwich board sign advertising porn for $2, so presumably sex is too.
A fun game to play while you are sipping champagne or downing shots of vodka (only tourists drink vodka with mix) is: why is she with him? You will see these gorgeous women with these guys with rat tails. It just begs the question why? Well really two questions: why are they together and why would he consciously tell the barber to live a few wisps of long hair in the back?
2 comments:
You are certainly right. In it something is also I think, what is it excellent thought.
Joking aside!
Post a Comment