That said, and without any regard whatsoever as to whether this will be interesting for you guys, I'm going to write about my new kittens!
Cat haters: suck it. Get your own blog. (And for the record, if you do, I think you should name it dogblog. Get it? Awesome.)
So without further adieu, I introduce to you Mashka and Koshka, the kittens Kira and I picked up.
Yeah, we have two. Funny story how such total near-sightedness and irresposibility came to be, actually...
Kira and I had been talking about getting a kitten, because you often run across babushkas with boxes of kittens when you are leaving the metro, and they are too painfully cute to pass up, especially when you are new in town, a pet's love, greet you at the door, blah blah blah...
So last week, we decided that the next time we saw one, we would bring it home. But no matter how hard we looked, we couldn't seem to find any after that.
Until Kira finally brought one home on Wednesday night.
So did I.
Koshka is "Kira's". She's about 2 mos old. Super shy and tries to hide all the time. She likes to explore and chase stuff, and is smart enough to use the litter box. Unfortunately, she's pretty camera shy. And she won't eat in front of us. She'll come around. She's just mad because we had to give her a bath. We named her Koshka because that is Russian for "cat."
Mashka is the little one I found. She is young enough to make that heartbreakingly teensy little
"mew" sound, and falls asleep on the nearest warm body every chance she gets. She is also dumb enough to poop on the floor then run to me crying about it. And we suspect she's partially blind because she gets trapped in corners. Then she sort-of cries at the corner, thinking it's some big bully that keeps popping up in front of her to be mean. Sometimes this goes on for awhile, and we have to pick her up and turn her around, but it's all good. She's a sweetie pie.
We named her Mashka, because that is what the woman who gave her to me told me to name her.
Mashka sleeps with me and Koshka with Kira, and they have totally made my week. Enjoy the cuteness guys, and happy Friday.
2 comments:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I love kittens! Congratulations!
Those are adorable kitties! I love grey cats so much... good thing you're so dang far away or I'd steal them.
Post a Comment