Friday, October 24, 2008

So I'm a Kinda...What's the Term? Oh Yeah- "Not Able To Leave the Country"

Not to bore you with visa chat and all, my temporary visa is about to run out, and I've been waiting for my multi-entry visa to arrive at the office. If I want to leave Russia and be able to get back in, I must have this.

Well, it arrived today. And listed me as a citizen of Cambodia.

Cambodia.

You may know it as the country where Angelina Jolie first started her human collection. It is also nowhere near Canada:




See?! You have to click on the map just to see it.

And not to nitpick, but THERE IS A PICTURE ON THE PASSPORT. Not to mention the fact that visa application itself requires yet another brand new photo which I also provided. I know it's a big racial assumption here, but you'd think that looking at all three photos of a blond chick may cause someone in the visa office to at least double check about that southeast Asian heritage thing...

Now, if I leave Russia, I'm not allowed back in.

So props to the Russian bureaucracy; they are not only slow, but woefully incompetent.


I should have it all fixed up by Tuesday, when I'll likely be receiving a visa for free passage in and out of Russia, issued to "Larissa Supleve, native-born citizen of Camaroon. "

No comments: