Sunday, March 8, 2009

Anna Banana's Birthday!


Today my big sister turns 30!


Gee, what to tell you about Anna? I could tell you about how when we were little, we'd play school. She'd INSIST on being the teacher, and then assign us actual homework. And if we didn't do it, we'd actually get in trouble. (she is, for the record, a schoolteacher now.)


Maybe about how she and my brother stuffed my little sister into the hide-a-bed and wouldn't let her out?


Maybe about how when she was eight, she asked Santa Claus for an Alf shirt? Yeah. Clothes. From Santa. She asked for a typewriter for her birthday that same year


Nah, I think I'd prefer to talk about the time when I was seventeen and she secretly gave me her birth certificate, Social Insurance card and Manitoba health card so that I could go out and get a fake ID in her name with my photo courtesy of the ever on-the-ball provincial government. I remember I asked her for them and explained the situation. Silently, she got her purse and pulled them out of her wallet, looking me in the eye, saying nothing but: "If you get caught with these, you stole them. That'll be my story."

It was the best.
I LOVE her.


To my big sis:


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I got your message (we were having dinner and I turned the ringer off) Just a note, I am still waiting for that math assignment questions 1-10, and to find out what you did on your summer vacation as told through a diorama constructed out of recycled materials. Love You!