Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Katie!


Today I have to give a shout out to my little sister Katie, who turns 25 today.

In honour of the date, I'll share a little Katie story with you...

Growing up, Katherine and I shared a room. Of course, when it was time to go to bed, we'd often keep each other up most of the night, giggling. One night, when she was maybe nine, we were particularly giggly. My dad must've come in the room three times to tell us to keep it down. But Katherine--known in our family for her hyperactivity--just could not settle down. Even after all the warnings, she was still trying to talk to me. But my dad has had it, and from the hallway he yells:
"Katherine! That's enough! Go to sleep!"
"I AM asleep!" She yells back in a moment of particular brilliance. My father was so dumbfounded by this answer, I think he just gave up trying.

So today we celebrate this human being going twenty five years without accidentally drinking cleaning fluid or trying to bring a blowdryer into the shower.

Aw, I kid, Katie--you're very smart.


I love you! Happy birthday Peanut!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT is a blog. Give the people what they want.